Forgetting to breathe

True story. It's the weirdest thing.  The past week every now and then I've been having these weird sensations. It happened at no particular time. I was brushing my teeth, cooking dinner, watching tv, etc. I would feel a little light headed and then my heart would start racing. I could see if I was at the gym, but I'm pretty sure sitting on the couch isn't too strenuous. To be honest I was getting a little worried. I must tell you, I'm a little bit of a hypochondriac, probably from watching Discovery Health and Monsters Inside Me too much. I know what you're thinking, "Can this chick have any more quirks?" The simple answer is, yes! If you think I'm bad you should meet my sister.

Back to the story. So yesterday I'm putting G down for his nap. The usual routine is I hold him for a few seconds while he holds his blankie, sway back and forth a little, hum a little tune, and put him down. So, I'm standing there holding him, and all of a sudden I realize I'm not breathing.  A second later I have the same weird feelings I'd been having all week. I make a mental note.

Fast forward to dinner. I'm standing at the counter making dough, and I realize I'm not breathing again. It's not that I'm holding my breath necessarily, I just stopped taking breaths. Happened again while I was brushing my teeth. So odd.

I'm not doing it on purpose. Or maybe I am. Maybe I'm subconsciously trying to suffocate myself? Maybe I have some tumor growing on my brain stem that is interfering with my breathing? The possibilities are endless. More than likely it's because I've been stressed lately. Probably some anxiety thing, ah the joys of being a type A personality and worrying about everything!

The good news is that it hasn't really happened yet today. Well, maybe once when I was online this morning and found the movie Four Christmases on sale at Amazon.com for $6.99, but I think that was more because I was so excited at the great deal I got.

No comments

Back to Top