Two Broke Girls Collaboration Week

No, I'm not talking about the new t.v. show (which I haven't watched yet). I'm referring to myself and my friend Jess Larsen over at Jess Larsen Designs.  Let's be honest, most of us who do this crafting thing end up spending a pretty penny on supplies. And if your like me, you don't even feel guilty :o)  So Jess and I have teamed up to give our supplies some love and provide you with a week of inspiration.  Be sure to stop by both our blogs everyday this week to see what we've been up to!  I found Jess' blog during the first Young Crafter's Unite Blog Hop and I'm so glad I did! She's super talented and funny to boot. Here's a little bit about Jess:

Hi everyone! My name is Jess Larsen. I am a 24 year old papercrafter, with a love of all things stamps and ink. I
 I am currently the editor of a small newspaper. I love my day job. It involves a lot of talking to people, writing and design work — three of my favorite things! I have a great husband who is super supportive and my best friend. We have two adorable cats who always keep us entertained. In my free time, I can usually be found creating in my craft studio. I have been crafting ever since I was little, and it is the always the most relaxing and enjoyable way to spend my time. When I'm not crafting, I love spending time with family and friends, camping, watching good movies and t.v. shows and playing guitar. I am excited for the week ahead and want to say a huge THANKS to Danielle for organizing this awesome week! She rocks! :-)


For Day 1 we decided to go with a color combo and each do our own take on it.  I had recently purchased a bunch of Hero Arts holiday stamps, so I thought I'd challenge myself to make a Christmas card using these non-traditional Christmas colors.  I'm super happy with how it turned out!
I stamped and clear embossed the background. The reindeer was stamped on kraft, and I colored the sweater with my Copics and paper pieced it. The trees were also stamped and paper pieced. I ripped the hills by hand and added some glitter for a little sparkle. Hope you enjoy! Be sure to visit Jess' blog to see her take on the color combo.  See you tomorrow for Day 2!

Supplies Used

6 comments

  1. How cute is this. I love that reindeer! Love the snowbanks and the trees! CUTE CUTE CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle!!! this is amazing! this color scheme is very christmas to me...i love it and am going to use it. i love everything about this card, that reindeer is my fave though :) looking forward to the rest of these posts - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Love this, especially your sparkly snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! I love these colors
    and the little sparkly scene that you created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely adorable. The colors are great and the glitter is a perfect addition

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card, so darn cute :) I'm gonna try this color combo. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top