DIY: No Sew Curtain Panels

A few weeks ago I shared a post about changing G's room over the summer by doing a few DIY projects. After the wall color and blanket I decided he needed some new big boy curtains.  I (seeing as how I have so much free time and all) decided to make them. Took me a looooong time to find fabric I liked.  I ended up getting a great deal over at Fabric.com. After taking 19,827 years to find fabric I was under a time crunch, so I decided I didn't want to sew them.  The no sew approach was definitely the way to go! This is something you could do for any room.  At some point in the future I'm going to do the same thing for our living room. 

So here's how it's done.

Supplies:
Fabric
Heat n Bond (Ultrahold)
Scissors
Fabri-tac (incase you mess up like I did)
Iron
Music or t.v. (cause it takes a little while!)

1. Gather supplies
 2. Measure out fabric to desired length, cut away!
3. Pick one side of fabric to start, lay Heat n Bond down with the paper side up
 
 4. Iron along strip (hold it in one spot for like 5 seconds)
 5. Peel off paper
 5. It leaves this little strip of adhesive
 6. Fold over hem, iron again just like before (holding it in one spot for about 5 seconds)
 7. Ta-Da! You have a nicely hemmed panel!  Just repeat on all sides
8. I used simple curtain rods that were already in his room, and bought these great drapery clips from Target. Super simple! (The ones I got are actually nickel colored, but they didn't have a picture online)
9. Put on clips and hang!


I would have loved for them to be floor length, but as you can see we have a floor vent under the window and I didn't want to block it.

Hope you're all having a good weekend! :o)

2 comments

  1. Trying this tomorrow! Actually taking one large curtain panel and shortening it some and turning it into two. It really was a super large panel.! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top