Halloween Journal Page

Hello there! It's Kasia here today! While waiting for stamps from October release to arrive I've been keeping myself busy playing with earlier sets. Today I'd like to show you a little art journal page made using Halloween Scene and Graveyard Shift!

wicked1

I made this page because I really wanted to make something with Halloween twist. I picked a photo from a costume party we went to few years ago and played with my usual layers of papers, old book pages and masking tape covered with some gesso and paints. Once my background was dry the fun with stamps started!

wicked4

I used these cute, little bats from Halloween Scene and scattered around stars from this same set- I love that they come in variety of sizes, it was so much fun to incorporate them in my background!


wicked3
Than I added a spider and some spiderweb's from Graveyard Shift and stamped few halloween sentiments on my page.

wicked2

Maybe it's hard to see on the photos, but bats and spiders in here are gently sparkling with glitter! To get this look I grabbed my glitter gel pen (the one which you can get for cheap from stationery store!) and a wet brush, I traced over the stamped image with pen and then smeared the color by brushing over it. I think it couldn't get simpler (or cheaper!).

So that's all for me today! Thank you for stopping by!

Kasia


8 comments

  1. Gorgeous art work, Kasia! Love the texture of the gesso and paper with the N&T stamps and your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your journal page Kasia! The colors, texture, stamps and gesso all make for one fabulous page! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Kasia! I adore all the detail you added to the page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, thank you very much for all these lovely words! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your journal page! the glitter pen added some nice glittery touches, i love it all :)
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my - this journal page looks amazing! Kasia - love your textures and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is absolutely AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top