Pop it up!

Hey there,

it's Christine :)
In my last post I talked about arranging sentiments in different directions. I did it again ;) But on top, I played with dimension.

I really like to stamp backgrounds twice - straight onto the background and once onto a die that is placed right on top of the background. This time I used a few die-cut to give some interest and dimension to a quite simple card. I knew this card would be a bit busy, so I made sure to have a very simple solor scheme with kraft, brown and white.

I started by stamping the Time Warp background with versamark ink and embossed it with briown embossing powder. Then I adhered the die cuts into some scrap paper in a pattern that I liked and stamped with versamark again. This time I used white embossing powder to make the white pop on the kraft cardstock. The rest was like a puzzle: I adhered every die cut onto the right place and popped them all up with dimensional adhesives. To make the sentiment from A Long Time Ago stand out even more I decided to go for the dark brown again. I cut a strip of brown cardstock, white embossed the first part if the sentiment and adhered it directly to the front of the card. The larger part of the sentiment was brown embossed. To add a little detail and break up this very simple color scheme I added a tiny heart with lots of glossy accents on it :)




You can see the dimension here: it really adds interest, don't you think?


Thanks so much for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Christine

Time WarpA Long Time Ago


6 comments

Back to Top