Every cloud...

Hello there, and happy new year! Mayuri here to share a card that showcases a technique using translucent embossing paste ;-)



I began by using the A Lot to Say - Nice and Neat Die to create a mask through which I could spread the paste. I adhered the mask temporarily to a card base and affixed a piece of Punchinella on top to act like a stencil. I then moved on to mixing up a bespoke batch of translucent embossing paste - this was really easy - I pressed a couple of different coloured Distress Ink Pads onto my craft matt, then added two separate piles of paste and mixed with the ink.


I spread the two different coloured pastes through the Punchinella onto the card base in a sort of ombre effect, going from the darker shade to the lighter one. Once I was happy, I removed the Punchinella and the mask and set aside to dry.


I stamped a couple of Clouds onto some vellum with black dye ink, sprinkled with clear embossing powder and heat set before fussy cutting out. These were then attached with some balled up glue dots and a mini clothes peg to the card base.


I stamped the cute little boat from the Sailmates set on to a piece of white cardstock and also onto various scrap pieces of pattern paper, fussy cut them all out and paper pieced them back together. This was foam mounted to the card base - I applied a small line of Diamond Stickles along the rim of the boat for some added sparkle!


To finish, I stamped a sentiment from the Clouds set. I hope you too will experiment with tinting your embossing pastes!

Thanks for stopping by ;-)

6 comments

Back to Top