Video: Distress Ink Watercolor Card by May

Hi, crafty friends! It's May here sharing an easy watercolor card that I made using the Giving Tree stamp set. My inspiration came from my own card that I made last June. Here is what I came up with:  

Loose Watercolor Card_Neat and Tangled_2

I started by stamping the images from Giving Tree with a waterproof ink: Hero Arts Hero Hues black ink. Then I watercolored them with Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Cracked Pistachio, Iced Spruce, and Tea Dye. 

After that, I stamped the little heart from the Jump Start My Heart stamp set with watermark ink. Next, I heat embossed the hearts with gold embossing powder.

Loose Watercolor Card_Neat and Tangled_4

I stamped the sentiment from the Heart of Gold stamp set with watermark ink on a piece of black cardstock. Then I heat embossed it with white embossing powder and mounted the sentiment banner to the card front with foam tape. 



I made a quick video tutorial showing you how to watercolor with distress inks. You can watch the tutorial here or in HD on the Neat and Tangled YouTube channel. If you like this video, please give it a thumbs up and share with your friends. 

Loose Watercolor Card_Neat and Tangled_1

I created another card with same design but using different watercolor medium: Nicholson's Peerless Watercolors. Which card do you like?

Loose Watercolor Card_Neat and Tangled_3

Hope you loved my watercolor cards and got some inspiration. Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy crafting!

7 comments

  1. Fantastic inspiration May, thanks!!
    I would say I like the second card batter - but only because I like bright colors!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! Now, that's MY kind of coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh this owls are so adorable!!!!! like it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOve them both, May ... will watch the video soon! I promise!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of your cards, May! Yes, those owls are super cute... Thank you so much for the video :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm back!!! And so happy I made it, May May... you have the golden touch when it comes to random stamping, for sure! LOved the bit of old time country-western music in the background, too. Another thing I've learned from you - REINK that VErsaMark!! what a difference it makes with that gold e.p. I've been struggling with! Thank you sweet girl!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top