Masking stamping for tropical card with Sveta

Hello everyone!

Sveta is here and I'm happy to share with you my new card. I really love this tropical trend that has won the hearts of lot of people. Are you among those?
I thought that Calathea stamp set was perfect to achieve a tropical look for my card. First I made masks of the leaves to create layers in my border stamping. I used outline images at the beginning, and then filled them with the colored layers.


For some leaves I used white pigment ink before or after (doesn't matter really) the main color inking to achieve a more soft tone. I think that the grey-green-pink color combo for the tropical design works really well.


For the bright big sentiment in the center of the card I chose the Hello You Stamp set. I stamped it in black ink and then in grey with a little displacement to make a shadow. For the final touch I added sequins from Neat & Tangled sequins mixes: Crystal Clear, Pearl and Lime.


Hope you enjoyed today's tropical walk into the stamp jungles!

19 comments

  1. Loved the look of the card ,cool technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sveta, love your card and the fabulous masking! This is one of my favorite stamp sets. The images are beautiful and so versatile! Thanks for sharing your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura! I love these leaves too, agree) Thanks)

      Delete
  3. Love your card and the colors you chose! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soft colors are very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shadow effect. I was wondering, when I first saw it, how you made the words pop off the page. Pretty coloring, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe little trick ;) Thank you so much, Beverly!

      Delete

Back to Top