Wishing You Love (and Rainbows)


Hi there! It's Cheiron here with my last card of the year. I wanted to use one of my favorite holiday greetings along with some rainbow colors to send some cheer to all of you. This card is perfect for anyone during the holiday season.


To create the background of this card, I cut a piece of Distress Watercolor cardstock with the largest of the Scalloped dies. Then I inked it up with foam blending tools and Distress Oxides in every color of the rainbow and spritzed it with water.  After that, I stamped the sentiment from the Wishing You Love stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.


I stamped the tiny heart with Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide and embossed that with clear embossing powder as well. When I was all done, I cut the inside of the panel with a stitched rectangle die and then layered the outside of the frame onto my black card base, followed by a piece of glitter paper just a bit larger then my stitched rectangle (with foam tape on the back), then added my stitched rectangle die on top. I had actually meant to line up the die and frame just as I had cut them, but when I put the pieces on the table, the outside colors were the opposite of what was inside. I liked the contrast, so I just went with it!


This card would be easy to replicate if you did a bunch of the panels at once, then stamped and cut and assembled.

Hope you enjoyed this walkthrough of my card. Wishing you all Joy, Warmth and Love this season and all the best for 2018!

6 comments

  1. So uniquely dear! I love the twist in the colors and the tiny bit of glittery goodness peeking through. It has been such a great year of so much sweet inspiration - thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful card, Cheiron! I love the way you flipped the panel after diecutting for added interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing card!
    Merry Christmas !🎄🎅⛄

    hugs , Fiki

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top