Winter Foxes with Jessica Frost-Ballas




Hi friends! Jess here again with my final guest post this month! Over the course of the month I wanted to share projects that are very true to my personal style. My first card used alcohol inks and sparkly embossing powders, last week’s card focused on more of my great crafty loves: sequins and metallics and my final card uses distress inks and adorable critters. I think you could pretty much sum up my style with those key words and products! ;) Thanks again to all of you for stopping by this month and I hope you enjoyed my cards!

I couldn’t let my guest posts go by without dedicating one of my posts to the adorable critter designs from Elena Roussakis!

I started by stamping the fox couple and heart from Merry Kisses onto copic-friendly white cardstock and then I colored them with copic markers. I used the E70s for the two foxes, focusing the lighter shades on one fox and the darker on the other. That range is my favorite for warm grey brown fur! I die-cut them with the coordinating dies and added a few accents with a white gel pen and spectrum noir clear sparkle.


Then I blended distress inks in seedless preserves, shaded lilac, and spun sugar onto a piece of bristol smooth cardstock. Once it was dry I stamped the sentiment from Hello Winter onto the top of the panel and heat-embossed it with a sparkly purple-silver embossing powder. I also stamped a few snowflakes on the background with white pigment ink. I tore a piece of white cardstock to create the snowy ground for my foxes and then adhered them with foam mounting tape. Finally I added a few sequins from the Sugar Plum sequin mix to finish the card!

And that’s it!! Thanks so much for visiting and have a fabulous weekend!

10 comments

Back to Top