Gingko Background with JJ Bolton


Hi everyone! 

JJ Bolton stopping in to share another card I made with the Have Courage set. I can't seem to stop using those gingko stamps! They are great for coloring and the gingko leaves can be used for practically any kind of card. For my card today, I have a watercolored background topped off with a simple die cut sentiment.

I started by stamping the background using just the 2 Have Courage outline leaf stamps. I was able to stamp a full background even without masking!


Next step, watercoloring. I love watercoloring leaves because it's basically just a couple colors. I'm a watercoloring novice, so I promise, if I can do it, anyone can. My 2 simple suggestions are make sure you use watercolor paper and get a variety of watercolor brushes. I use a nice cold press watercolor paper that I got from a local craft store. I like cold press because it has the bumpy texture, but that's just a personal preference. I recently got some new thin/small brushes that are great for outlining and painting stems.


I wanted to keep the card front a bit more streamlined. So I just added the die cut sentiment (using the Happiness die) on the front and stamped the second part (from the Happiness stamp set) inside the card.


Put it all together and you're done!


Thanks for letting me share this card with you! And thanks to the wonderful folks at Neat & Tangled for letting me have fun with them this month:)

5 comments

  1. THIS IS A WORK OF ART. I love Ginko leaves--always have. I might need to buy this set. I've been trying not to buy so many craft supplies, but some companies make it nearly impossible :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous watercolored gingko background!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top